Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trusting & Growing, Again!

Feeling crumby is no fun. Knowing there is so much to do doesn’t help me rest, but then knowing rest is what I need keeps me from settling down to work.

So, what do you do when you don’t feel like doing anything but you know you need to but you also know you need rest? God is the only one who really knows what you need to do. Go to Him and He will lead you to the things you should accomplish today.

Somehow, and I really don’t know how this works, stepping out in faith and trusting God to help you do that thing you need to do can bring to the forefront everything you need to accomplish that task. Energy, when you feel like just crawling into bed and pulling the covers over your head. Inspiration, when you have trouble even remembering everyday things like turning off lights. Encouragement, because, “Of course, He will give you exactly what you need, when you need it!”

Starting the day with God is important too. Why? Well, it is too easy to let things crowd into your life and crowd out God’s voice. In fact I find that very often my day starts with an urgent need to do something when what I should do is immediately give myself and the day to the Lord. I am convinced that Satan uses his forces to sidetrack us even before we put our feet on the floor in the morning. But if we can realize we are off track, turn back to God as soon as we realize it, then our day will be used for God’s purpose.

Feelings often get us off track. Joyce Meyer says, "Don’t trust your feelings. Don’t go by how you feel." So, here I sit, at this keyboard trying to make sense of the day and get something accomplished for my Lord. No, the day isn’t a total waste. Even if I didn’t follow His voice here to the computer I know He would use the time to bring me closer to Him. Growth isn’t always easy but it is good.

So, now I head to the other room to rest so my body can repair itself. I will pull the covers up and I will ask God to lead every thought even in sleep so that I will continue to grow in Him and somehow bring Him glory. That is what this life is all about, isn’t it?

God bless!!

No comments: