Monday, October 1, 2007

God's Best!

I recently read that God’s plans for us, though they may differ from ours, are so much better than we can imagine. I agree whole heartedly and have decided to pray His will in every area of my life. His will for my children’s lives, His will for my sweetheart, His will for me and for my writing/illustrating ministry, His will for my aging parents.

Leaving things with Him and trusting Him in all things is a much better way to live than becoming anxious to have things the way I want them. I don’t know why it has taken me so long to “Get It!” but I am glad that His patience with, and mercy for me has led to this decision.

Life can be much better when we trust all of it to Him. I know I've learned this lesson before but I hope this time it will stick. Do you think the problem lies with the devil and his wanting me to want control over all of my life? Or even wanting recognition for working things out on my own? How silly is that? Why would I want something so temporary, so un Christ like, so unlikely to bring blessing?

Why don’t I stop to think about things like this instead of just meandering my way through life letting things happen as they will and then saying that it must be God’s will? Life will be so much better when I consciously give every area, every family member, and every part of myself into His will.

This is a turning point for me. I am expecting this day, this week, this month and the rest of this year to be exceedingly abundantly above what I could think or ask because His word says that is how it can be. Because what He wants for us is so far above our understanding it will amaze us. Wow, what wonderful things are coming!

Stay tuned for updates on the goodness of our God! God bless you all!!

Eph. 3: 20-21

No comments: