Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Year Blessed

I could say another year older but why go there?

Birthdays make me introspective. I don’t mean just taking inventory of the past year but a slideshow of pictures flashing through my brain; our boys when they were young, our grandkids when they were little, my sweetie and me when we were newlyweds, my parents when I was young, places we lived and things we did. I’ve really had an amazing life and I don’t feel like I’m half done here on earth. I would love to live another fifty (something) years, if I could be in good health and able to give to those around me.

There are regrets, sure, but mostly I am filled with gratitude for the blessings God has bestowed. Christian parents, a loving family life, good school friends, my high school sweetheart who became my husband thirty six years ago, two sweet and handsome boys who grew into honorable Christian men, a beautiful daughter-in-love, four wonderful, beautiful, handsome and talented grandchildren, good sweet friends who stick with and pray for me, and the list could go on…..

With all of that to be thankful for still there is more. That I have a heavenly Father who loves me and keeps me on track, always there to give me what I need, always calling me back when I get off track, always faithful and ever present. That would have to be the biggest blessing for without Him none of the other would be possible.

Thank you, Lord, for another year. Thank you for salvation through Jesus your son. Thank you for a life filled with blessing and purpose. Thank you for using me to minister to others. May all be for your glory Lord. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: