Friday, October 9, 2009

Being Thankful

Life is full and stressful, but I feel God’s presence. That I am not working right now is frustrating, but life happens and this is no surprise to our Lord. I know now why God told me months ago to let go of some things that I was involved in and enjoying thoroughly. It wasn’t easy to give them up. Nor is it easy to give up my work schedule, but I know that this time is set aside for God. To be used by Him and for Him, to bless someone else.

I wonder, is it selfish to think of our own family even as we pray for others? I don’t think so. I believe that God understands. In face I think He knows exactly how we feel. When others ridicule His Son He feels it as deeply as we do when our children are under attack. And just think, we, who are His have that closeness too. We are His. He loves us and wants the best for us and when we are attacked or ridiculed by others He feels it as surely as we do for our children.

Have you thanked God today for taking you into His family? Have you thanked Him for life, breath and all the other blessings He provides daily without us ever even having to ask? What a wonderful Father we have. Say a prayer of thanks today. Thank Him for everything you can think of. And may our Father give you a blessed day!

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to the Lord. And the peace of God, which passes understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

No comments: