Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Be Still and Know That I am God"

What in the world has been wrong with life lately? I’m busy, being used by God, happy in my marriage and with my sweet wonderful children, all of them, yes you too sweet daughter-in-love. And as for Grandchildren well no one could have better, more beautiful & handsome, more talented and intelligent grandchildren than I.

So why this listlessness, why this uncertainty, why the strange rush to keep busy?

It has been weeks since I was able to draw aside from life and be still. Waiting on the Lord has a wonderful way of deepening your relationship with Him. It strengthens and prepares you for the day, week or month ahead. It encourages and blesses in a way only those who’ve taken the time to “be still” would know.

That is what is missing. I have neglected my time with the Lord, again. This happens periodically. Life closes in, it becomes busy even hectic and I try to cope by snatching moments of prayer and then running on to the next task. But that is not enough to sustain. I need the deep nourishing that comes through sitting with God, waiting to be filled, waiting for His voice.

I feel a need to stop everything and spend time with Him.

Thank You, Lord, for calling me to your throne. Thank you for always calling me back to You. Come, Lord. Fill me with Your holy presence. Come, that I may be prepared for the days ahead. Come, that you may be glorified. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: