Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Do You Believe?

Really? Do you really believe that you belong to God? I know I do, but sometimes I get side tracked by thoughts that would keep me from living like a believer. Such as;

Doubt: That sarcastic voice in my head saying things like; “You can’t do that, or “You’ll never get published, or “What makes you think you’ll succeed, you don’t even have a degree.” Etc. Etc. Etc.

Fear: Of failing, succeeding, letting my family down, and letting down all those who have been praying for me all this time. Fear; of rejection, of all those things that could harm us or of not fulfilling God’s plan for me.

Worry: This one I battle daily, more on my family’s account than my own. But I do recite Phil. 4:6-7 often. “Be anxious for nothing, but in all things through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to the Lord, and the peace of God that passes all understanding will guard you hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Did you know it is a sin to worry?

As a Believer; we/I should turn immediately from these obstacles and turn to God for His word on the subject. I must remember that I belong to Him. I was bought at a great price. I can trust that God will bring me through and that, the victory being already won by Christ, I can trust to being used for His glory.

Praise God!

No comments: