Wednesday, September 5, 2007

God's Abundant Blessings

When life gets hectic we tend to forget to give time to God. We know that is the most important thing yet still we neglect Him. I don’t know why, but that is how it is. I’m not sure what has changed in my life, perhaps my perspective as I have aged. Each passing year brings it’s own lessons, those things that bring wisdom if we allow God to use them.

The past weekend was wonderful though short. I flew up to see my parents knowing that if I could surprise Mom on her birthday it would bless her and me. It did. One of my favorite Uncles and Aunts came to Mom and Dad’s to stay a few days that too was a treat. Then there was the reunion of my Father’s family. Cousins told stories about things that happened at Grandma and Grandpa Bell’s house. It was an amazing time. And to top it off I flew to Midland to see my youngest and his family, help finish moving what I could and catch up on hugging my grandchildren. What a joy it is to know you are loved so much. Yesterday our oldest drove me home. Usually a ten hour trip, it took about twelve and a half hours with traffic and weather delays but the time spent with him was such a joy.

I could feel sad today, but instead I feel so blessed. God allowed me to; see my parents, celebrate my Mom’s birthday, see a special Uncle and Aunt, visit with my sweet brother, get to know my beautiful new sister-in-law, see many family members at the reunion and hear stories I’ve never heard before. He allowed me to see my youngest son and his family, know that the place he is moving though far away is a good place, have special time with my oldest and come home to a husband who enveloped me in hugs. I feel so very blessed. God has provided what I needed, and though it was costly I know it was worth it.

On those days I don’t see His blessings all I have to do is ask for help in seeing them. Though they might not be evident, they are there if I just take time to look for them. I don’t always get what I want but God is able to get me through to the right time when He will provide what I need. I can trust Him because He is faithful.

Though I haven’t stopped to spend quiet time with Him yet today, I feel His presence. I feel my prayers and praises lifting from a grateful heart and His responding peace has settled in my soul.

Wishing you each and every one a day filled with His blessings.

We are accountable. What responsibility do you think is most important here?

No comments: