Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Eleventh Anniversary of the Attack on America

Psalm 136:1 O give thanks to the Lord for His mercies endure for ever…

When I was a little girl there were times when scripture seemed vague, but I knew, because of my parents and other family members, that I could trust God’s word. As often happens in life, as I grew I began to understand how those words bring peace. It’s the knowing that God is always there and knowing that His word is His promise to us and taking that on faith, holding on to it when we are in the valley and choosing to praise Him because He is.

On this anniversary of 9-11 I pray that His peace has filled the hearts and lives of the survivors. That His peace will continue to lead this nation to do great things for Him and that the evil that is so prevalent in this society will be defeated quickly by our God. May we each see the blessings He has given us and praise Him for it.

Heavenly Father, for your presence in our lives we give you thanks and praise. We praise you for your faithfulness, for your protection, your strength, and for using all for your glory. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments: