Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Christmas Gift

We hold tightly with both hands to this life. Whether it's because we don’t want to miss a thing or we are afraid to let go, neither is beneficial to us.

We want to live the way WE want to live and we want to do the things we want to do in the way we want to do them. This isn’t just evidenced by the “Me Generation” but through the generations. It is natural to want things our way. After all who knows better than we what is best for us?

We wander this path called life with the shortsighted, tunnel vision of a sheep. Ignoring bright trails that branch off of our easy path we miss out on the best of life because we have not given all of our life to Him to whom it belongs.

Those who keep their life will lose it, those who lose their life, for my sake will keep it. Luke 9:24

This Christmas why not give yourself a gift by giving away yourself completely to God? Give Him your life, soul, heart, wants, emotions, health, expectations, hopes, love, pain, future, past, present. Give Him every thought, plan, deed, word, need and watch what He will do with it. This does not mean neglecting yourself. You must, with the wisdom He provides, care for yourself in every area so that you will be available for His use and blessing.

Lay yourself at the foot of the manger this Christmas and quietly wait for the joy that is sure to come.

I am ready to lose my life. To give all of it to God so that He might be glorified. This Christmas I can give myself a gift that will, I expect, enrich my life beyond what I could ever imagine.

I wish you all a joy filled Christmas and a year of blessing from our loving Lord.

Merry Christmas
Mary Bell-Foster

No comments: