Friday, July 22, 2011

How Can I Deal With Bad Changes?

I’m wondering today, “How did our world change so quickly and for the worse?” Much of what has happened to America started fifty years ago, when I was too young to even know changes were coming.

It would be easy to get distracted by thoughts of what ifs, but I would rather think about what I can do today to make a difference in my world.

Prayer is the key; as I seek God’s will in my life and His blessings and protection for my family I continue in; prayer for His leading in the lives of governing officials, causing them to do what is right in God’s eyes. Prayer for all illegal aliens in this country and those trying to cross the borders of America; that God would save them from sin and use them for His glory both here and in their home lands. Prayer for our elderly; that the people of our country would give them the honor they deserve and allow them the dignity of living a life of peace and fulfillment without fear. Prayer for His ministers over all the earth, that they and their families would be protected and that God would bless their work for Him and use them for His glory. Praying in Jesus name that He may be glorified.

I must keep an open heart and be in constant communication with God so that I don’t miss an opportunity to encourage or help others who may be worried or living in fear because of the economy and the lack of caring of our government officials.

There is hope for America and it begins with God.

2Chronicles 7:14 …if my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven. I will forgive their sins and heal their land.

God’s promises never fail. God never fails. If things are bad we must look to ourselves for the problem and to God for the solution. Let us stand and be counted among the faithful of God.

If more bad change is coming, if we are about to lose our freedoms as Christians, if the end is near then we must pray continually and choose to trust God in all things. May God bless you.

1 comment:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

The world has changed a lot in my life time. I'm 45 and I grew up in the seventies. My childhood was A LOT DIFFERENT than the childhood of my six-year-old son. For example, when I was his age, I was allowed to go outside and run around the neighborhood BY MYSELF! Nowadays, kids that age don't do that. Sure, they play, but the parents (or some other responsible adult) is right out there with the child. People justifiably are scared that they're kids will be abducted if left outside alone.
Nowadays, people set up play-dates and such so that kids can socialize together. There was no structered interaction like that when I was a child, we just ran around outside wild, playing on our own with little supervision!