Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving;

The one time of year when many will give thought to their blessings. Here’s my list;

First is my Father, my Lord and Savior who blesses me daily with his presence.

Family; parents, siblings and their families, aunts & uncles, cousins, my sweetheart Joe, my sweet children Patrick and Steven, my beautiful daughter-in-love Rena, and my four wonderful grandchildren Chelsea, Brooke, Summer & Austin!! And all of my in-laws who are as close to me and as loved as my own family are. I thank God for bringing you into my life.

Friends are like family; Debra, Vanessa, Mary Ann, Carol, Pam, D’Ann, Marian, Sarita, Becky, Janiece, Connie B., Connie L., Susie, Susan, Shirley, Stacy, Linda, Irene, Polly, there really are just too many to list. Please forgive me if your name is not on this list. You can put it down to a tired brain or just plain forgetfulness. I do love you all!!!

A home that; though it needs work and isn’t perfect, is a blessing and better than anything we’ve ever had before. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, dry when it’s pouring outside with room to play, exercise my imagination and have fun gardening.

His Church; some whose members we met while traveling, many of whom are close to our hearts. First Baptist Mertzon, TX, Fairview Baptist in Fairview, Tenn. and Bois D’arc Cowboy Church in Bonham, TX to name a few where we met people who seemed like family we were so comfortable and welcome.

ACFW; American Christian Fiction Writers and all of the wonderful people I’ve met both at conferences and online. Their encouragement, courses and help are invaluable to this novice writer.

Faithwriters and Nanowrimo; just two of the helpful sites with free membership that bring encouragement and inspiration.

This ministry of writing for women, children and families, is both a wonderful and fearful thing though with God's help the fear won't hold me back. God’s inspiration during those times when the words just don’t seem to come is a wonderous thing. I know this is what I am supposed to do.

Life, health, family, friends, home, inspiration & help, work, what blessings these are, I thank you Lord for giving to me these wonderful blessings which make life truly beautiful.

God bless you each one, your families, friends, homes, health, finances, work etc.

1 comment:

Alive And Laughing said...

Thank you for your sweet blog about the blessings in your life, and for mentioning me by name. I was truly touched. You and Joe mean the world to us and we are blessed beyond measure by having the privelege of calling your family our friends.
Love you,
D'Ann